IODASA is proud to release the Notice of Race for the MUSTO 2017 South Australian Optimist State Championships to be held at Wallaroo. Details are:
- Date: 22 – 23 April 2017
- Location: Wallaroo Sailing Club, Wallaroo
- Fleets: Open, Intermediate and Green
- Entry fees – Open, Intermediate and Green Fleet $90. Click here for online entry
- NOR Click here
- Special attention is drawn to item 3.6 in the NOR – All skippers shall be financial members of the IODASA or another state / national association recognised by IODA
- This year both the Green and Intermediate Fleets will sail on the same course, separate from the Open Fleet. This is aimed at providing a smoother transition from Green to Intermediate, and to enable the Intermediate Fleet to sail on a less challenging course located closer to the shore.
IODASA Pre-States Training Clinic – Wallaroo 19 – 21st April – This clinic is aimed at developing sailors in the Green Fleet, Intermediate and Open sailors and provides a great opportunity for newer optimist sailors to obtain high level coaching and progress their sailing skills in preparation for the State Championships. Alex Zimmermann our head coach will conduct the program and sessions, with assistance from other coaches.
$150 for the 3 days
or $70 per day
This represents excellent value when compared to the costs of similar clinics interstate.
Click here for online registration
Early registration will enable IODASA to book the required number of coaches. Please enter asap.
Volunteers and IODASA AGM – The IODASA AGM will be held at BSYC on 6th April. Please consider the opportunity to contribute to the development and running of the Optimist Class in South Australia. The class can only continue to grow and improve with the support of volunteers working jointly with Australian Sailing, Clubs, Coaches and Sponsors.